Who SGF Can Help
- As a private charitable foundation, SGF reserves its assistance for people who are sponsored by a member of the SGF’s board of directors. We do not accept applications from the general public.
- Our hope is to help people with a solid work history who have fallen on hard times due to a temporary situation that overwhelms them, such as
- Sudden health problem
- Loss of job through no fault of their own, such as downsizing
- Unexpected major expenses
What SGF Does
- When a person in need is identified and sponsored by a member of the SGF board, we collect information from the individual about their situation.
- If the person qualifies for assistance based on the application, SGF determines what assistance will be provided and directly pays those expenses.
Who SGF Cannot Help
- We do not help people with long-term problems where our help would not solve the problem
- We do not help people who are currently receiving welfare or other public assistance
What SGF Does Not Do
- We do not give people cash directly – SGF pays verified expenses directly
- We do not provide assistance more than once to any person or their immediate family or member of their household.
- We do not provide long term assistance
SGF treats people fairly, regardless of race, color, creed or sexual orientation.